Take good care of your hair. Hairs are on their weakest condition when wet. So make sure to do the best thing to maintain its beauty and avoid breakage and damage. Here are tips to consider in drying your hair:
1. First scrunch-dry the hair, using fingers to wipe off excess water and moisture.
2. Then pat-dry the hair always in the direction of the hair, i.e. from top to the end, using a soft towel. Avoid vigorous rubbing with the towel.
3. Don’t ever tie the wet hair, twisting it tightly in a towel in a turban-style knot at the back or at the top of the head. This is a sure way of losing hair.
4. After the hair is semi-dry, comb it with a wide-toothed comb and leave it if you are one of those whose hair sets naturally into place.
5. If you are in a hurry use a blow-dryer, however keep in mind that excessive use of dryer is bad. But if it is a must, these rules can limit damage to a very large extent.
Apply a protein-based mousse on the hair before drying. This protects the hair and also gives bounce to it. Mousse should always be applied on the scalp and then to the ends. Keep the heat of the dryer at minimum. Also, one should keep the dryer 4 inches away from the scalp.